Follow Gemma's tutorial on how to create a fun card suitable for many occasions using the free gifts from Crafter’s Inspiration Issue 13.
What you'll need to recreate this design:
Directions to create using your Crafter's Inspiration magazine:
Cut water colour card to make all the layers needed. The pieces needed are- one 19x19 cm square, one 10x15 cm rectangle, one 3.5x5 cm rectangle, one 19x2.5 cm strip and one 19x1.7 cm strip.
- Spread some Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint Distress Ink on to a craft mat. Spray the inks with water.
- Press the 19x19 cm piece of card into the ink. Repeat this drying between layers until the whole piece of card is covered in ink.
- Stamp onto the background with Picket Fence Distress Ink and the larger hearts from the free stamp set, while the ink is still wet sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat emboss.
- Edge with Walnut Stain Distress Ink
- Place the 10x15 cm rectangle inside the embossing folder and run it through the embossing machine. Do this in two sections.
- Apply Mustard Seed Distress Ink over the embossed section, making some areas darker than others.
- Apply Salty Ocean Distress Ink over the 3.5x5 cm rectangle and the 19x2.5 cm strip. Sprinkle with water allow the water and ink to react for a minute and then dry.
- Stamp the rectangle with Picket Fence Distress Ink and the Framed Heart from the stamp set. While the ink is wet sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat emboss
- Edge both pieces with Walnut Stain Distress Ink
- Apply Peeled Paint Distress Ink to the 19x1.7 cm strip of card. Spray with water and remove some of the ink.
- Stamp the line of hearts and the word loved with Picket Fence Distress Ink, sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat emboss
- Edge with walnut Stain Distress Ink
- Glue all the layers together and mount onto a card blank.
Create a matching gift tag, following the same steps just alternating the colours, to use up your card scraps.
We can't wait for you to share your makes with us! We do hope you enjoy all the freebies in your Crafter's Inspiration magazine!