By now you might well have seen the fantastic Beatrix Potter: Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes range that we launched on Create and Craft earlier today. We're hoping your enjoying the inspirational demonstrations, and look forward to more fun-filled shows throughout the week.
Since Sara demonstrated the side-easel card shape on Create & Craft on Wednesday, we have been inundated with requests to give a step by step project for this card shape. So, to celebrate the launch of Appley Dapply, Linda Blowers has made this gorgeous card.
You will need:
Appley Dapply CD
Appley Dapply stamp plate
Colouring medium (alcohol pens work well with Neenah card, e.g. Copic pens
Go Kreate frame die
Martha Stewart edger punch
1. From the CD print out two different backing papers onto the satin finish paper from the luxury print pack. Print a sheet of Sentiments onto the thin cardstock also from the pack.
2. Stamp your chosen an image onto Neenah card using the Memento stamp pad. Using your alcohol pens, colour in the stamped image in colours that co-ordinate with the backing papers.
3. Score a sheet of Snow White card down the Half Fold A5 line on the Ultimate Pro. Fold along the score-line and cut off the excess card to create a DL card blank. Turn the card to a landscape position and find the centre of the front half of the card. Cut from the centre point towards the scored line.
4. Using the Ultimate Pro, score from the centre point along the spine of the card (where you have just cut to) diagonally to the outside corner on one of the flaps you have just created. Repeat this on the other flap.
5. Cover the base and the two flaps of the card with the backing papers you printed earlier, adding a second layer to the flaps.
6. Stick a piece of backing paper to a strip of cardstock to give it strength, then cut each side of the strip using a border punch. Stick 3D foam squares to the border and stick to the base of the card.
7. Cut out the coloured stamped image using the Go Kreate frame die and matt onto a larger frame that has been cut from backing paper. Stick to the left hand flap using 3D foam squares.
8. Finish the card by sticking the Perfectly Pretty Petals to the left and right hand side flaps, also adding a bow and a sentiment to the centre of the border.
We hope you enjoy making it and look forward to seeing your crafty creations!