White card stock
Orange card stock
Distress Inks - I have used Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy & Dried Marigold
Clear embossing powder
Colouring Medium of your choice - I have used a mixture of Pro Markers & Copics
Ribbon to embellish
Cotton wool balls
1. Prepare a card base using your Ultimate Pro. Cut a piece of white card big enough to be your background piece. Place the card stock onto a craft sheet, tear off small pieces of masking tape and begin sticking them to this piece of card in a random fashion, overlapping the edges of the card with your masking tape.
2. Continue with this until your piece of card is covered with masking tape, no white card should be visible.
3. Using your cotton balls and your choice of Distress inks, begin sponging and dabbing the ink onto the masking tape, beginning with the lightest colour. Move onto your second and third colours, blending the inks and paying particular attention to the rough edges of the tape with the darker colour.
4. You can use this background piece as it is or continue with stamping directly onto the masking tape. Using your Rock-a-Blocks, mount the first text stamp with Stick & Spray. Stamp this word randomly over the background piece using one of the distress inks. Move onto the second text stamp and repeat. Keep the stamping random and go over all the edges.
5. Once dry, trim the edges of the background piece by cutting off the overhanging masking tape with a craft knife or scissors. Alternatively you can fold the edges to the back of the card.
6. Optional step - once dry and trimmed up I have clear embossed the whole piece twice, sprinkling a little fine glitter into the top layer of embossed powder.
7. Once cool, I have matted and layered this finished piece, first onto white card stock and then onto orange, using Aleene's tacky glue. This was then mounted onto my previously prepared card base using silicone glue or 3D foam pads.
8. Mount the Marigold Fairy stamp to the Rock-a-Block using the Stick & Spray. Stamp the image using the Black Memento ink, onto a piece of white card stock. Once the ink is completely dry, add colour to your image with your choice of colouring medium. Cut the image out and mount on a piece of white card stock that has been previously embossed in the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. Matt onto orange card stock and use 3D foam pads to attach to the base card. Add embellishments to your taste - I added a satin ribbon embellishment to the bottom of the image topper.