Today's project is brought to us by DT member, Debbie, who is giving us a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to produce a set of mini drawers.
You will need:
Crafter's Companion Ultimate Pro
12x12" chipboard sheet
1. Cut the chipboard sheet into 5 different pieces. You will need four pieces measuring 2 1/4 x 2 3/4" and 1 piece measuring 2 3/4 x 1".
2. Trim a sheet of patterned paper for the lid to measure 6 3/4"-square (seablue in pic). Choose another paper colour then cut two pieces, each measuring 5 15/16 x 5 15/16", for two drawers for the inside (dark brown in pic). You will also need one strip of 11 3/4 x 4" (text patterned paper) and one strip of 10 x 2 10/16" (seablue).
3. Place your longest strip of paper face down and, starting from the left-hand side, place your smallest strip of cardstock onto the paper with double-sided tape. Leave a little gap between each one and place each of the four larger pieces alongside.
6. Fold over all of the sides and make sure you press firmly, making sure your box will bend at each of the spaces between the cardstock.
7. Cover your slightly smaller strip of paper in double-sided tape and place this over the top of the pieces you have just turned over - this gives a neat and perfect finish to the inside of your box.
You will need to repeat steps 9-15 for the inside boxes.
16. Repeat for the two internal drawers...
17. Place a little sticky tape onto one side of each drawer.
21. The blank drawers have now been done and all that's left is for you to decorate it as you wish. You can add lots of bling, flowers, gems and jewels - even a little stamped image from the new Swalk range, or simply pop a little ribbon around the top!