Jennie Black, Director of Product Education, has made a fantastic tutorial to share! She combined her Spectrum Noir Alcohol pens and her Ultimate Pro to make this cute little easel card. She also coloured the flowers and ribbon with a coordinating pen for the perfect colour match.
Double sided paper
1 piece 4” x 8” (scored at 2” and 4” using number 5 & 10 on the boxer board)
1 piece 4” x 4”
1 piece 1” x 4”
Three white flowers – coloured with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pen
10” white ribbon – coloured with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pen
1 circle die cut for background
Greeting of choice free cut into banner
Tools / supplies
Ultimate Pro with Boxer board & embossing tool
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Pen color of choice (PP5 used in sample)
Spectrum Noir Blender Pen
Crafter’s Companion Spray & Sparkle
Crafter’s Companion Spray & Slide
Collal 3D gel glue or foam tape
To create the heart:
1. Colour front side of card stock with your favorite color pen – (PP5). Spray back side of card stock with Crafter’s Companion Spray & Slide.
2. Colour side down, emboss a heart into the cardstock.
3. Cut out heart.
4. Now spray the front side of heart with Spray & Slide.
5. Lay the heart colour side up on the Boxer board and emboss every other line.
6. Using the Blender pen, colour in the valleys of your embossed lines to dilute the color.
7. Add dots using the blender pen if desired.
8. Repeat same steps for small heart, adding dots only with the blender pen with no stripes.
To create the flowers and ribbon:
1. Using the same pen used to colour your white card stock ( PP5), colour the tip of each flower petal.
2. Using the same pen – colour your ribbon for a perfect match to the heart and flowers.
To assemble the card:
1. Mist 4” x 8” piece of card stock with Spray & Slide.
2. Lay the 4” x 8” piece of card stock on the Ultimate Pro. (4” side should be lined up at edge.)
3. Score at #5 and #10
4. Assemble heart, die cut flowers and greeting on top of 4” x 4” card stock.
5. Adhere 4” x 4” square on top of large piece. Be sure to only add adhesive on the upper 2” of the large piece (see picture).
6. Add strip of card stock on base to support the easel when upright.
7. Add ribbon, small heart or other embellishments.
8. Spray with iridescent Spray & Sparkle.
Love is in the air at Crafter's Companion HQ and to show how much we love here's our Valentines' gift to you!