We have had a few questions recently about our Angel Policy, so we wanted to share it here for clarification. It is always on our web site for your reference, and can be found here: http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/angel_policy.html.
NOTICE TO ALL CRAFTERS REGARDING THE FAIR USAGE POLICY ON OUR RANGE OF CRAFT PRODUCTS
Crafter’s Companion’s huge range of craft products have been designed for crafters to be used for making cards and other paper-based crafts. All of the products produced by Crafter’s Companion are created using original artwork licensed to Crafter’s Companion. All the elements available in our range come under this Fair Usage Policy. Crafter’s Companion and the Licensing companies want you to get the most value out of the range, so give you permission to use the products for creating personal and resalable items as long as:
- Items are crafted by hand (no mechanical reproduction in any form is permitted)
- Items are sold to raise funds for local establishments (e.g. local schools, hospitals, community centres), or for registered charities
- Items are not sold for large-scale commercial gain (i.e. no more than 200 sold in any 12-month period)
- Items are not promoted or sold online at any time
- Items are not promoted or sold through retail outlets at any time
- Items sold give credit to Crafter’s Companion on the back
- Designs are not used as company logos, trademarks, or personal stationery
Copyright © Crafter’s Companion Limited 2013. All rights reserved.
It's important to note that you can show your cards online to give inspiration to others, and show what you have been making recently. What you can’t do is promote them for sale. Yes, you can sell the cards you make at craft fairs (up to 200 per calendar year from a given range for personal profit, or unlimited if for charity).