Sheena's Faux Leather Technique

sara2006_Sheenagetthelook02_2

Sheena’s new embossing folder designs are proving hugely popular with the Four Day Deal selling out in less than two days, but it’s not just the folders themselves that have been causing a stir! We’ve been inundated with requests for more information about the demonstrations Sheena’s been bringing you in her live shows, in particular her faux leather look tutorial. The technique uses the new embossing folders, our Kraft card, Distress ink pads and Spray & Shine to create a gorgeous effect that can be used to create book covers, card features and more! Sheena’s recorded a tutorial video taking you through the technique step-by-step. Watch her seventeen minute video below:

Don't forget, Sheena's new embossing folders, in both 5”x7” and A4 sizes are available to order now on the website! You can re-create the faux leather technique easily at home with these products:

40 thoughts on “Sheena's Faux Leather Technique”

• Donna Jones

Thank you for sharing this great technique, loving the end results :-)

• Julie Asplen

Sheena this technique is great, really must have a go. Even though I am more of a digital crafter, I still like to get my hands dirty. Looking forward to the second video. xx

• Cally Yates

Thank you. I really enjoyed watching the Tutorial. Shall now wait for the next one on how to finish the Note Pad.

• Maggie

I think that technique is fab definitely got to have a go

• janet

Love this technique -have my glycerine out from the back of the cupboard where it has been lurking for over 20 years!! I think it is still OK though. Looking forward to the next video showing how to make the book. It is the lining in particular I want to do, as I thought of making a kindle cover from the faux leather pieces instead of a book.
    Janet (in Kent)

• GlitteryKatie

BRilliant tut I will so be doing this! Used to use vaseline years ago but this is far less messy!!

• Eduarda

Enerve are the vídeo? I can't see it....Sorry ,

• Eduarda

Where are the vídeo? I can't see it ...can you help me?

• Croms

I used washing up liquid as an alternative to glycerine (too impatient here) and seem to have had a similar effect. TFS this awesome technique. Glycerine is on the shopping list though to compare the results x

• Sheila in Cyprus
    Sheila in Cyprus 1st February 2014 at 2:32 pm

WOW! This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing the technique.

I am back in UK this week, so will definately be buying these products to bring back to Cyprus with me. I can see lots of notebooks on the horizon!

Again, many thanks

Love Sheila x

• Christina

This is an amazing technique and I will certainly be giving this a go. The finished booklet is such a good idea as little gifts and ideal stocking fillers at Christmas ... Thank you so much for sharing xx

• Sandy Carter

Thank you for your faux leather technique I have used it to make a case for my daughter to put her crochet needles in .

• Christine Toner

Great technique, it gives me ideas for some future projects, I will have to stock up on some distress inks though. Thanks for a great demo.

• Ann Riches

Loved the video you did say you had a tutorial for making the book could you point me in the right direction Please

• Sonya Hawthorne

Love the idea of card that you can make look like leather, went out and bought what I needed, can't wait to get started, Thanks Sheena

• Moira Gorman

Can't wait to try this, looks amazing

• Joan Cutts

Hi
    The folders look lovely and as usual Sheena has come up trumps yet again.

I can't wait to get some spare time to have a go at the Faux leather it looks great I can imagine it in all different colours, all I need is time,
    Hope all is well with baby,
    Keep up the good work
    Joan

• Nadine Illingworth

GOING TO HAVE A GO AS SOON AS I GET A BOTTLE FROM THE CHEMIST, LOOKS GREAT FUN. LOVE THE NEW FOLDERS.

• janet

1/2/14
    thank you what a great and inexpensive way
    to make others happy useful gifts

• Julie Markham

Recorded the C&C show where Sheena did this while I was at work, watched it when I got home and was completely hooked. It can be used in so many ways. Tried to order the Kraft card on C&C but it had sold out...not a happy bunny.

Then I remembered Crafter's Companions own website, having been a member of the 'old' club for a while; went on-line; joined the new and improved Inspiration Club; took advantage of the discount and ordered two packs of the Kraft card and two other packs of Centura Pearl card.

Excellent value for money plus loads of inspiration...who could ask for anything more?

Off to try and find the 2nd demo so I can make little books.

Thanks to Sheena, Sara and the Crafter's Companion Crew.

• Margaret McCormack
    Margaret McCormack 2nd February 2014 at 11:48 am

Thank you for teaching me a new brilliant technique . I saw you demonstrating it on T.V. and thought it looked marvellous. As soon as I can get some glycerine I will be having a go.

• Moira Mackie

Sheena's faux leather demo is brilliant and I just cant wait to give it a go. Not been crafting for a while now and this has really inspired me to get started again. Thank you!

• carol potter

Hi
    I am not one to use a computer much, but I had to see Sheenas Faux leather look. The best new idea I have seen in a lot of years.
    carol

• Lorraine Bielckus
    Lorraine Bielckus 2nd February 2014 at 3:44 pm

Actually followed your instructions and made the covers. Many thanks they have turned out very well. Is there a link on hoe to complete the books with the pages plaese

• AnnR Sheffield UK
    AnnR Sheffield UK 2nd February 2014 at 8:07 pm

Brill Sheena love this technique will be giving this a try thank you.

• Sylvia

Hi
    My daughter and I have made some faux leather and what great fun it was, Sheena was right it is so easy, ours turned out beautiful. When will Sheena make the notebook assembly video, I have ideas on how to make the notebook but would like to see how Sheena did hers.

Sylvia x

• Denise Shepherd

The Embossing folders are gorgeous, and I cannot wait to try out the faux leather technique. Thanks for the inspiration. I will be covering loads of notebooks from now on x

• Jan Beresford

This technique is absolutely superb. What an end result for such a little outlay and a small amount of time. Can get quite a producrtion line going. It's messy without being messy, if you get my drift. Brilliant Sheena x

• Chris Hammersley

WOW!!! What a fabulous technique!! Must have a go x

• Sue Housley

Tried the faux leather technique, Wow! my son is into steampunk so perfect for this. I had a go at making spiral roses and scrunch roses using the technique, give it a go, gives a new softer texture to your cards and projects.

• Carolyn Chilton

Can't seem to get the video up I have my glycerine ready and waiting, please help xx

• margaret hewson

Sheena I seem to have deleted the shopping list for the books insides could you re-post it please

• Mandy Haugh

I. Sorry to say I'm on my iPad and I can't see any videos ,like some of the other ladies too. I hope I can soon to have a go. Many thanks. Love your ideas. Keep up the lovely work. X

• Angela COOPER

What a fantastic idea. Must be "Product of YEAR"

PS
    I wonder if you can help me out a bit. I'm a disabled Widowed Pensioner and am looking for a printer that do all thickness of paper and card and Acetate.all other types of materials and transfers. I'm getting so frustrated

• Melanie

I've given this a try on an empty dog-biscuit box and it worked beautifully. Just one observation: I have a Cuttlebug (sorry!) and ran the card through in an embossing folder, which was fine. What I noticed was that the faux-leather had most of the creases squeezed flat. so I gave it a gentle scrunch to get them back. Waiting for it to dry now.....

• Margaret

Love the technique. Is there any way of downloading the video as I would like to try it out at my craft group and not sure if I'll be able to remember all of the process.

• Catherine

Hello Sheena,
    I just love that 'Fleather' look, but sadly missed the technique on how to produce it. Can you please let me know where I can obtain the instructions.
    Very many thanks for all your inspiration.
    Kindest Regards,
    Catherine.

• Ava Gavloski

thank you for sharing your technique with the glycerin. your share is appreciated as i am antique my cardstock all the time and this will make it a much easier process.

• […] created three small booklets, using a faux leather technique for the […]