Several of our designers have been sharing 'pup up box cards' lately, and a few fans on our Facebook page have asked for a tutorial. Design team member Joey McKelvey sat down this past weekend and created one for you!
What you will need -
Ultimate Board and score tool
Card which measures 11 inches by 5 1/2 inches - Joey used Centura pearl
Collall All Purpose Glue
See these items on our website:
Now see how to make a pop-up box card of your own:
1.Open your Ultimate Board up to the middle section - so you are working with the box side.Take your cardstock and line up along the butt of the board on the inches/box lid side. SCORE on the 5th line, Move your card along so the scored line is now on the butt and score the 5th line again.
2. REPEAT this until you have 4 score lines in total - the last panel will be narrower (thats for your adhesive)
3. Turn your cardstock, and score along the 5th line again, score the first 3 PANELS, and the last narrow panel, leave the 4th one unscored
Your card will look like this.
4. Now take your cardstock and scissors - SNIP the score lines down to the middle, and cut away a piece of the narrow strip - make sure you cut these from the shortest half (you will see - from when you turned your card that one side is longer than the other)
5. Burnish all your score lines and add Collall All-Purpose glue to the narrow strip.
6. Construct your box and stick this to the inside.
7. Next take a strip of paper and place it on your Ultimate board - you need to score along the 1st, 6th and 7th lines, cut along the 7th line, you will need to make TWO of these strips
8. Fold your strips into a "Z" - this means folding each end over in the opposite direction
9. Add Collall All-Purpose glue to these and slot them into your box, it does not matter the distance you stick these, whatever you are happy with
* You will need to let your box dry then you can fold it flat - and the fun part you can decorate however you like!