Design team member Sarah Jayne made an absolutely fantastic project for the upcoming Scruffy Little Cat launch this Friday on Create and Craft TV!
We asked her to share a bit about how she made this fantastic pillow with the Scruffy Little Cat CD and our fabric transfer paper:
1. Choose your image. I decided I wanted a larger image so added it into Microsoft word.
2. I reversed the image (as when you iron it on it reverses) & printed out on best print setting.
3. I chose two colours of fabric; I used a 14” x 14” Cushion & wanted more white fabric showing than black so lay them down & cut the fabric so it was 1 inch wider than my cushion pad.
5. I wanted to make an envelope opening so placed the cushion on the fabric & measured around the cushion as show in template & cut to size.
6.Decide where your transfer will go & heat your iron for a few minutes until it reaches high temperature & iron the transfer on. Leave till cool and peel of the backing.
7. Now place fabric right side up & fold fabric as in template & sew along two outer edges.
8. Turn inside out & add your pillow pad.
The image I used can be found on Scruffy Little Cat CD. Under 'Embellishments design no 3'. I put it into Microsoft Office to enlarge.
Be sure you're watching Leann Chivers this Friday from midday on Create and Craft TV!