We shared this gorgeous bird house from Mandy Taylor on our Facebook page earlier this month and got loads of inquiries about how she made it! She's put together a fantastic tutorial so you can do this at home.
1. Using the Sweet Treat Board (board box side) and Kraft card, emboss;
2 x large box pieces
2 x end gable pieces
2 x oblong pieces
Cut 1 x 5.5” circle of Kraft Card
2.Then from the CD print decoupage design sheet (Design 2, size A5) and 2 x backing papers and create mats, using the board as a guide, cut;
4 x box panels (Design Set 9, Colour 3)
1 x 5 1/8” circle from co-ordinating paper (Design Set 6, Colour 1)
2 x gable end pieces (Design Set 9, Colour 3)
3. Cut 8 x Lace Border Strip and 2 x Fence Strip from Kraft Card.
4. Using a 1 5/8” circle die cut aperture from centre of right-hand side of one large box piece (side with tab). Then using a 2” circle die cut aperture from one of the printed panels.
5. Next using the Fran·táge Chunky White Embossing Enamel add highlights to all paper mats and along border strips. Ink around edges with Distress Ink – Vintage Photo.
6. Layer your decoupage image together and set aside to dry.
7. Join the box pieces together with tacky glue (as shown above) and add the co-ordinating panels to the front using All Purpose glue.
8. Join last edges to form box shape. Create roof from oblong panels cutting off one of the tabs.
9. To make roof tiles; cut lace border pieces into 10.5cm strips (8 for each side of roof). Glue each strip on using Tacky Glue starting from the bottom edge. Once done glue the Bird House to the base circle. Using the O’Christmas Tree Die cut 4 x Tree shapes out (ink through die for detail). Fold each tree in half. Glue 2 x trees together and add to Bird House as below.
10. To finish the project glue the 2 fence panels together and glue around edge of inner circle with Tacky Glue. Print a sheet of sentiments onto Kraft Card, cut out and stick on.
11. To make bow match perfectly use Spectrum Noir pens to colour ribbon.
12. Lastly add decoupage image to front of Bird House. Finished!
If you enjoyed this tutorial be sure to check out Bianca's Gingerbread House, using the Sweet Treats boards! See it here: http://bit.ly/1rbWYJq