We're still in the Christmas mood here at Crafter's Companion and we're really wanting to help our customers prep...and prep well for Christmas! Diana has provided this lovely tutorial to help you create a stunning gift box for your presents at Christmas....that extra little touch shows you really care..and we know your friends and family will cherish your box in years to come
To Create the Box:
- Cut a piece of A3 snow white Centura Pearl to measure 11 ¼” square.Score it @ 2 ¾” on all four sides using the Box Base side of the Big Score Board. Cut into each corner section as far as the score line and remove a slim notch. Fold the corner tab sections in and glue in place with tacky glue. This will form the box base.
- Cut a piece of black matt cardstock to measure 8 ¼” square. Score it @ 1 ¼” on all four sides using the Box Lid side of the Big Score Board.Position the Create-a-Card border strip die in the centre of the scored section and cut.
- Repeat for all four sides of box lid. Cut into each corner section as far as the score line and remove a slim notch then trim the tab down to approx. ¼” to prevent the tab from showing through the die-cut section.
- Position the bauble die in the centre of the box lid and cut. You can always secure with tape to get a perfectly positioned cut.
- Lightly apply silver gilding wax to the die-cut areas of the box lid. Fold in tabs and secure with Tacky Glue.
- Thread ribbon through the two holes at the top of the bauble top and tie into a bow. Seal cut edges of ribbon with a fine line of Tacky Glue.
Here are all the supplies you need to re-create this project!
Extra materials: Decorative Ribbon