Are you going to a wedding and want to make the happy couple a beautiful keepsake? Susanne Lovering has as fabulous idea for you here! It’s not just for wedding though……. you could also make it for a birthday or even valentines day by changing up the colours! Let’s have fun and get started!
1. Begin by printing off the Crafter’s Companion download for month on copier paper. Using a paintbrush and white Gesso, coat both sides and edges to both MDF hearts. The Gesso seals the MDF and allows easy sanding! Tip: Dry with a heat gun if you are short on time.
2. Once dry, sand all the edges with a sanding block to ensure a smooth surface.
3. Paint the edges of both hearts with silver AquaTints. It is optional to paint the faces of the hearts as they will be covered with backing paper and the hearts will be stuck together.
4. Draw around both hearts on the backing paper with a pencil, then cut both hearts out with a pair of scissors. Apply Collall All Purpose glue to both hearts and adhere the backing papers. TIP: Smooth out any bumps before glue dries.
5. Once dry use distress inks around the edges of both hearts. Use the sanding block again to file away any paper overlapping on the edges.
6. Stamp a series of flowers on vellum and copier paper with Versamark ink. Emboss some flowers with silver glitter embossing powder and some flowers with white embossing powder. Stamp the sentiment stamp onto Neenah white card and emboss with silver detail embossing powder.
7. Using scissors cut out the embossed flowers.
8. Shape flowers with embossing tool and mat
9. Layer two different sized flowers together and add 3 faux pearls to centre of flower.
10. Die cut the stamped sentiment with the outer heart die and distress around the edges. Die cut the Die’sire Create-a-Card Art Deco die and Ornate Heart die and leaves and branch with silver mirror card. Place the Art Deco die cut across the heart, glue in place and trim any parts of the die cut that over lap the heart. Adhere the sentiment to the centre with 3D glue.
11. Adhere the silver mirrored Ornate Heart to the patterned side of the second heart.
12. Turn over the heart and attach both ends of approx 40cms of organza ribbon with glue. Use Tacky glue to adhere backs of both hearts together to sandwich the ribbon between both hearts. The back of the keepsake has been left quite plain a message, names or wedding date can be added if desired.
Your beautiful gift is now complete! Have lots of fun making this project, here is a list of the supplies you will need:
Crafter’s Companion Supplies:
Other Supplies: MDF heart and ribbon
We would love to see what you make! Share your projects and cards with us on our Facebook page, tag us on Instagram (#crafterscompanion), on Pinterest (@CraftersCompUK) or on Twitter (@CraftersCompUK)!