Can you believe it’s September already? It really is our favourite time of year…the leaves will be turning to the most amazing golden and red shades….we’ll be out conker picking with our little ones and will be digging out our winter woollies again! Karen has created such a lovely notebook tutorial for you this month, so why not give it a go when you’re either stuck in doors on a rainy day…or sat twiddling your thumbs when the kids are back at school!
1. Cut two pieces of chipboard to 7 ¼ inch x 5 inches for the covers and one piece for the spine ½ inch x 7 ¼ inches. Lay these out on a piece of patterned paper measuring 12 x 8 inches – as shown in the photo – leaving a 3mm gap between the covers and the spine. Adhere the chipboard to the paper with Tacky Glue and Red Line Tape.
2. Cut a co-coordinating patterned paper for the inside as follows. Two pieces 7 x 4 ¾ inches, and one piece for the spine 7 x 1 ½ inches.
3. Take the piece of paper for the spine and make a small cut 1 ¾ inches from the top. Create a loop of ribbon for a pen holder and attach with tape at the back of the paper.
4. Adhere the pen holder spine paper and the left hand cover paper to the interior of the notebook holder.
5. Cut another piece of matching paper 2 ¾ inches x 4 ¾ inches and adhere to the top right hand side of the interior of your notebook holder. Take the left hand piece of interior paper and make a fold one inch from the top – add tape to the other three edges, stick in place – this will create your pocket.
6. Slot in your black notebook to make sure it fits.
7. Cover your notebook with Core’dinations cardstock and patterned paper.
9. Mat the Centura Pearl onto coordinating cardstock and gently ink with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to highlight the embossing. Place a piece of ribbon around the middle of your folder and hold this in place by gluing one of the embossed panels to the front and one to the back. The ribbon will allow you to tie your notebook holder closed.
10. Using the alphabet dies from the Diamond Press diecut the word ‘NOTES’ from Core’dinations cardstock.
11. Using the Floral Duo and Lazy Daisy dies, diecut coordination flowers and dies to use as embellishments. With the oval and scalloped oval dies from the Accordion die set, create a matching panel on which to display your letters.
12. Arrange your embellishments and add pearls to decorate your notebook holder -completing a really lovely gift which is sure to be treasured.
Below is all you need to create this wonderful project! We think this would be perfect for birthday gifts or back to school presents for both teachers and children!
Extras needed: Chipboard or very study card, a blank notepad, ribbons and pearls.
We would love to see what you make! Share your projects and cards with us on our Facebook page, tag us on Instagram (#crafterscompanion), onPinterest (@CraftersCompUK) or on Twitter (@CraftersCompUK)!