Have you been watching the One Day Special shows with Fiona on Hochanda?
Here's some more inspiration from Carole using the Big Score.
In need of a gift box with a difference? This milk carton style box will be perfect for a whole host of gifts, and can be made in a few simple steps, from just one piece of A3 card on the Big Score.
To recreate Carole's Gift box you will need
Materials and Tools
Big Score and scoring tool
A3 Double Sided Centura Pearl - Decadence Card
A4 Kraft Card
Two lengths of ribbon measuring 21” each
Something to punch holes
Red liner tape
Collall Tacky Glue
Sara Signature Shabby Chic Collection – Rose Garden Embossing Folder
Die’sire Essentials – Flowers for All Occasions 1, Circles, Scalloped Circles
Die’sire Only Words Classiques – Special Day
Flat Backed Pearls
Gathered Twigs Distress Inkz
To make the gift box:
- Start by butting the short side of the A3 card against the edge of the Big Score. Score at 3¼”, 7¾” and 11”. Turn the card 180° and score at 1”. Now, with the smallest scored tab section at the top, butt the long side of the card against the edge of the Big Score, and score at 3” and 9”.
- Cut away the two outer parts of the small tab section, then fold and burnish all the score lines. You can then cut along each one to form the tabs.
- Once you have decided where you want your closure, make two marks on the two top sections of the carton where the ribbon will thread through.
NOTE: the top section of the carton is slightly deeper than the bottom.
Using 1” circles or squares, fix them over the marks (both inside and outside) and punch through. This will give you extra reinforcement for the ribbon closure.
- To decorate the carton, you can add embossed matts to the sides. You will need two pieces of card measuring 4” x 5½” and two measuring 2¾” x 5½”.
- Stick the small, side tab first. Once that’s done, the two top sections that are not for the closure can be stuck down into the box for reinforcement. And then you can glue the bottom of the box – smaller tabs first.
Don't forget to keep tuning into the One Day Special shows on Hochanda for more inspiration using the Big Score!