Earlier this week, we asked you who wanted to see how Becky Turner made this fantastic Tunnel Card and matching box that is perfect for saying congratulations to a newly married couple.
So here it is! Follow this easy tutorial to see how.
You will need
Patterned Papers (I used Sara’s Together Forever Collection)
Distress Oxide in Broken China (you could use Sheena’s glycerine technique with Aqua Markers)
- Cut two pieces of Centura Pearl hint of silver card to 14.6cm square (5 ¾ inches) and a piece of silver glitter card the same size. Die cut and emboss the create a card die from one piece of Centura Pearl and the silver glitter card.
- Cut two pieces of Centura Pearl hint of silver to 14.6cm x 6 cm and score at 1cm 2cm 3cm 4cm and 5cm. Fold both of these pieces into a concertina. Mat and layer patterned paper onto the last large piece of Centura pearl.
- To assemble the tunnel card fasten the concertina sides to the back of the back panel of Centura pearl (the piece with the patterned paper) using red liner tape and tacky glue, this will hide how the card is constructed. (Running a little tacky glue along the red liner tape allows a little wiggle time.) Make sure the pearl side of the card is to the outside.
- Next fasten in the glitter card, again using red liner tape and tacky glue into the middle concertina section. Stick on both sides of each of the concertinas so the glitter card is sandwiched in between.
- Lastly stick the Centura pearl die cut piece on top of the concertina taking care to hide the sides – if any card from the concertina shows through the die cut window, trim away a curve to hide the workings. If you wish you can slightly curve this piece to make a domed effect card.
- Mat the whole tunnel card onto a 15.2cm (6inches) square piece of Platinum Centura Pearl and then this onto a 6 ¼ inch tent fold card blank made from a piece of card 6 ¼ x 12 ½ inches scored at 6 ¼ inches. (You could easily use a pre bought 7x7 inch card if you want to use a more standard size.) Decorate with ribbon, pearls, gems etc to your liking.
I decided to make a box that the card could be delivered in as it is not a standard size and quite deep but this could easily be used as a gift box instead.
- Cut two pieces of 21cm square Centura Pearl hint of silver. Score using your top score or big score, one piece from box base side and one from box lid side, at 2cm all the way round. This leaves you with 17cm across the inside of the box.
- Decorate the box lid with another create a card die cut piece – I cut my square of card at 14.7cm and then die cut and matted onto a 15.2cm piece of patterned paper and then onto a 15.7 piece of Platinum Centura Pearl.
- Attach to the lid of the box and assemble the box using tacky glue. Decorate with ribbons, pearls, and gems.
Have a go at making your own wedding cards today and share your makes with us on social.