Just in time for having all your family and friends over for a lovely Christmas dinner, we've got a great idea to help get your table all set! Create these stunning utensil holders using any colour foil that works with your decor, and try switching up the dies as well - they're great for tables throughout the year, or even for a special picnic outdoors.
We've created downloadable project sheets for this so you can print it at home and refer back to the project as much as you'd like! You'll find links to get a US letter version and an A4 version at the end of this post.
What you need:
Gemini Foil Stamp Die - “Ivy Vine”
Gemini Papercraft Foil: Berry
Crafter’s Companion Luxury Cardstock: Red Mirror Card,
Crafter’s Companion Kraft Cardstock
Gemini Nesting Dies - Torn Edge Circles
Other: liquid adhesive, natural twine, brads, Utensil Holder Template
1. Trace and cut out utensil holder from kraft cardstock using template (available for download at the end of this post). Fold edges in and glue at the center.
2. Trim a piece of red mirror card to 1“ x 9.5” to form the band and score it at 2.5” & 6.75”. Wrap the band around the holder and glue on the backside.
Create the focal point
3. Apply Berry foil to kraft cardstock as directed in the FoilPress manual using the Ivy Vine foil stamp.
4. Die cut with the Torn Edge Circles dies (or other circle dies). Die cut another circle just a bit larger from red mirror card and adhere to band as shown.
Complete the project
5. Add a twine bow and brad.
6. To make the negative, use the leftover foil from above on another piece of kraft cardstock and die cut with the Torn Edge Circle die. Die cut a scrap of kraft cardstock with a slightly bigger circle.
Download a free project sheet & template