Morning everyone! I really hope you enjoyed watching the launch of my new range – Adorables – on Create & Craft. Leann’s been telling me all about the News Blog and how everyone has been saying such lovely things about the range during the Sneak Peek this week, so thank you very much for that. I have a demonstration prepared that I didn’t get the chance to show you on air yesterday, so I thought I might put the step-by-step instructions on here for you – I’m afraid there aren’t any photographs to go with the steps, but I was hoping to be able to show you live!
In this card I have tried to show how it is possible to get a lovely card just by using one image from the stamp set and making your own backing paper from the accessory stamps on the plate. Although this card has been made using the Playing stamp set, it can be reproduced with any of the stamp sets.
You will need:
- Adorables Playing stamp set
- 5½” square card blank
- 1 piece contrast card – 5⅜” sq
- 1 piece white card – 5¼” square
- White card
- Ultimate Crafter’s Companion
- Stick & Stay
- Collall Glue Gel
- Icicle Stickles
1. Stamp the Snowflakes stamps all over the 5¼” sq piece of white card, making sure you go over the edges to give a natural look.
2. Stamp your chosen image onto white card and colour with your chosen colouring medium. Trim into a small rectangle and matt on a piece of contrasting card, leaving a small border around the edge.
3. Apply Stickles to the fur on the girls hat and coat and a little around her feet
4. Matt the snowflake stamped card onto the 5⅜” sq contrast card and attach a ribbon. Adhere to the card blank using Stick & Stay.
5. Adhere the main stamped and matted image to the card and make a bow using the bow-maker on the Ultimate. Apply the bow to the ribbon with Collall Glue Gel.
6. Finally, stamp and matt your chosen sentiment and apply to the finished card.
I hope you enjoy making this card, and love watching the shows this week on Create & Craft. I’ll be back on Create and Craft tomorrow (Sunday) from 12-1 and 2-3 as well as Monday from 8-9 and 2-3. Enjoy!
Love, Jayne x