SarahJayne created these brilliant pumps using her new CD and we just had to share her tutorial with you! These will make a fantastic festive present for yourself or someone you love!
Here is what SarahJayne shared about this fabulous project:
• ‘The Snowman™ and The Snowdog’ 2014 crafting CD…
- Designer papers:design 2
- Designer Christmas cards – Decoupage cards – design 1
• Tissue Paper
• Mod Podge Gloss
• Collall All purpose glue
• Diamante gems
•Pair of Pumps
•Tape for securing tissue
•1 x A4 card
All of the images are printed onto tissue paper. To do this
- Lay out a piece of tissue paper & take a piece of A4 card wrap the tissue paper around the card & secure at the back with a piece of tape, and now it’s ready to print on.
- To make the images smaller I used my basic Epson print choice settings which are all on the same page when I press print:
- selected my image
- press file
- print range changed it to page 2
- Paper scaling
- multiple pages per sheet
How to Decorate:
Step 1. Using a paint brush, paint small areas of the Pump using Modpodge. Depending on the canvas is may sink straight into it, so after your area if it looks dry add another coat.
Step 2. Whilst the Pump is still tacky use your Tissue backing paper tear small pieces and place onto your pump. Using your paint brush again flatten the tissue paper down. ( If you use your finger the tissue paper will stick so always use the paint brush you have used to add the Mod Podge with ) Continue decorating the whole pump with the backing paper image & then work out where you want to add your snowman images & use Mod Podge to paint the areas & then add your Snowman & Holly.
Step 3. Give the whole pump a top coat of Mod Podge & leave it to dry.
Step 4. Now continue steps 1-4 & decorate the tongue in the centre of your pump.
Step 5. Using Collall all purpose glue to add your Diamante gems & leave to dry.