Mandy has made a gorgeous altered box using the ‘Times Gone By’ collection, and shared a step-by-step tutorial so you can create one too!
Crafter’s Companion Supplies:
1. Print papers for outside and inside box, toppers and sentiments from CD and cut out. Die cut two corners from black matt card. Print a sheet of satin paper on both sides and use the flower quilling dies to cut two strips of each design. Roll and glue the flowers together.
2. Take the lid of box and cut the two front corners down to make a flap. This will become the hinged part of the lid.
3. Paint the whole box, inside and out, with two coats of black Gesso. Leave to dry.
4. Using tacky glue, glue the flap to the bottom half of the box. Leave to dry.
5. Using the printed papers cover the inside and the outside surfaces.
5a. Use Distress Ink on the pieces before gluing into place (optional).
6. Cut out the toppers and distress the edges using scissors or a distressing tool. Distress Ink the edges. Glue into position. Add the sentiment panel, flowers and metal charms. Before adding the corner die cuts rub some gilding wax across them to pick up the embossed details and also around the box edges. Adhere the lace, the box feet and add the handle to finish the project.
See the rest of the ‘Times Gone By’ collection: