This tutorial from Gini will show you how to do coloured embosing with you Spectrum Aqua markers, Spectrum Noir blendable coloured pencils, and a Sheena Douglass embossing folder.
This card was adapted from a tutorial posted on the Crafter’s Companion US blog to create this lovely card. Make sure you check out the original tutorial here.
1. Cut a piece of watercolour cardstock to the size desired for the embossed panel.
2. Emboss with the Beautiful Brambles folder.
3. Colour the raised areas of the image with the Spectrum Noir pencils, holding pencil on the side, and rubbing over the raised design.
Pencils used: 047, 044, 046, 057, 078, 082
4. Add colour to the inner part of the image with Spectrum Aqua markers (Heather, Red Violet, Bud Green, Moss, Lime). Blend with a paintbrush, dipped in water.
5. Die cut the sentiment and glue in place.
6. Ink the edges of the design with Distress Ink (here, Mermaid Lagoon was used).
7. Colour pearls with Spectrum Noir markers (PL3) to match the card.
8. Finish the card as shown.