Did you enjoy Sara’s shows at the beginning of thisweek? Here at HQ we’re loving the new Scandinavian Christmas range and can’t wait to use the elements in our Christmas crafting projects.
In case you need any more inspiration, here we have a stunning card tutorial from Marie Jones!
To recreate this card, you’ll need
Crafter’s Companion Supplies
Distress ink pad – Brushed Corduroy
Brilliance ink pad – Cosmic Copper
- Cut cream card 26cm x 18cm, score and fold in half to create a 13cm x 18cm card blank. Emboss cream card with the Traditional Folk embossing folder and trim to measure 11.5cm x 16.5cm. Ink the edges of the embossed piece with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink, matt onto Cherry Centura Pearl card and attach to card front.
- Emboss Kraft card with the Contemporary Folk embossing folder and trim to measure 6cm x 9cm. Ink the edges with Brushed Corduroy ink and attach to card.
- Cut cream card 2.5cm x 17cm and ink the edges with Brushed Corduroy. Matt onto Cherry Centura Pearl and attach across the card front. Cut a 20cm length of Grosgrain ribbon and trim the ends to an inverted V shape. Attach across the card strip with tape runner.
- Die-cut a circle from cream card, ink the edges with Brushed Corduroy and matt onto Cherry Centura Pearl card. Die-cut two mittens from Cherry Centura Pearl and two mitten cuffs from Kraft card. Attach the cuffs to the mittens.
- Cut an 18cm length of Bakers Twine and attach the ends to the back of each mitten.
- Attach the mittens to the card circle with 3D glue gel. Arrange the twine in a heart shape and use tacky glue to secure in place. Attach circle to card with 3D glue gel. Stamp the sentiment with Cosmic Copper ink, matt onto Cherry Centura Pearl and attach to card. Die-cut snowflakes and attach as shown to finish.
Apply Tacky Glue to the Bakers Twine with a cocktail stick to make sure you don’t apply too much glue.
Don’t forget to keep checking your Holly Jolly July Advent calendar for more inspiration, promotions and giveaway!