Monogramming is a technique that has stood the test of time and is a highly trendy feature for a range of projects. From personalised wedding stationery to journal covers, monogramming can be used in a variety of ways to put your own stamp on projects, whether you use your initials, someone else’s or short phrases. If this is a technique that you’ve been wanting to try, you’ll love our FOILPRESS Monogram Foil Stamp Dies.
By using these incredible sets of alphabets and frames, you can add the most delicate personal touches to almost any project, including textiles! Take a look through this post and see what you can achieve.
The Monogram Foil Stamp Die concept
To help with perfect letter alignment, these Foil Stamp Dies feature a new concept, which involves a hollowed-out, rectangular space in the centre of the frames to house the letters or numbers of your choice. This hollowed centre has been sized specifically to hold three tiles, but what happens if you want to use only one or two tiles?
In each of the three alphabet sets, you receive 26 letters, 10 numbers, a hashtag, an ampersand and four blank spacer dies – two full space and two half space. It’s the addition of the blank spacers that will help you to use one or two alphabet tiles.
For a single letter monogram, place the full spacer tile against one edge of the rectangle and both half spacers or the other full spacer at the other end. This will leave you with a perfectly sized space in the middle for your alphabet tile.
For a double letter monogram, place the two letters or numbers that you’d like to use at either end of the rectangle, then place the full spacer tile in the centre. Or if you’d prefer to have your letters closer together, use the half space tiles on the outer edge of the rectangle with your letters in the middle.
How to use the Foil Stamp Dies
If you’re already a fan of the Gemini FOILPRESS, you may have an idea of how these stamp dies work, but if you’re a bit of a newbie, take a look at this step-by-step!
- Pop the frame die and letters on to the Gemini FOILPRESS heated platform and allow it to warm up
- Trim your foil to size and when the green light shows, place the foil coloured side down on top of the dies
- Place your chosen material face down on top of the foil and add the top plate on top
- Using the Silicone Finger Grips, remove the Foiling Platform with the top plate from the base and roll it through the Gemini die-cutting machine.
- You will now have a foiled, debossed and framed monogram!
For more of a visual explanation, have a watch of Sara’s video below, or for a bit more info about the FOILPRESS, check out our blog post.
What frame designs are available?
There are nine stunning frames for you to choose from, and each of them have their own personalities, which will complement a whole range of projects.
- Add a touch of Grecian charm to your projects with the Laurel Wreath Stamp Die
- Frame your monograms with a burst of beautiful confetti by using the Confetti Explosion Stamp Die. This is sure to add a unique focal point to your projects!
- Add a regal touch to your projects by framing your monograms with the Elegance Frame
- Take your monograms to trendy heights with the Geometric Frame
- Bring a sense of chic classic design by framing your monograms with the Classic Plaque Frame
- Turn your monograms into an ornate centrepiece by using the swirling Grande Frame
- Frame your monograms in an elegant and eye-catching way using the Bracket Frame, which is sure to create a simple, but beautiful focal point
- Frame your monograms with a minimalistic, line-based frame using the Statement Frame
- Frame your monograms with a trendy double hexagon using the Hex Frame
Creative ways to use the Monogram Foil Stamp Dies
Now that you’ve had a look at the Monogram Foil Stamp Dies and have an understanding of how they work, let’s have a chat about all the different things they can be used for!
- Create monogrammed wedding or party stationery, place settings, napkins, table numbers, etc.
- Foil on to tissue paper
- Melt the design into the surface of candles to create fabulous wedding or party favours. Add extra sparkle using flat-backed crystals and pearls
- Foil on to cellophane to create personalised sweet bags or to create personalised wrapping for a birthday gift
- Add foiled monograms to faux leather and then sew to create personalised bookmarks, cases for reading glasses, wallets, purses or key rings
- Add foiled monograms to fabric to create personalised pencil cases and lunch bags
- Personalise book covers, journals and photo albums
- Use the letters on their own to personalised ribbon and organza
- Create box frames with house numbers for a ‘new home’ gift
- Select the colour of foil to suit the occasion – silver, ruby and gold for wedding anniversaries, pink and blue for babies’ christening and naming ceremonies
We hope this post has given you a bit of inspiration and all the info you’d need on our stunning Monogram Foil Stamp Dies. We absolutely can’t wait to see how you use them, so make sure that you share your photos with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.