Here at Crafter’s Companion, we’re always looking for new ways to make your crafting easier, whether it’s by providing you with handy hints and tips, or creating products with exciting new concepts. Today, we’re doing both! Quilters and sewists, gather around, because you’re going to want to read this!
Introducing the Threaders Mark Away Spray – the handiest tool to have in your craft room if you’re looking to up your sewing or quilting game. It has been designed to help you achieve amazing accuracy and save time for precious detailing on your projects, so it’s perfect if you want to nail that professional finish.
What is it used for?
The Mark Away Spray is ideal for instances when you’re using our Threaders Quilting Stencils or other templates on darker fabrics. The spray settles into the open areas of the stencils, creating a white outline and giving you a clear indication of where you need to quilt, sew or embroider to complete the pattern – all without using a fabric pen! The best bit about the spray though is that it washes away with a damp cloth or a spin in the machine on a cool temperature, so you’ll have no leftover residue.
With 250ml in each spray can, you’ll have plenty of product to get you started, and a little goes a long way, so one can will last a good few uses.
How do you use it?
Getting to grips with the Mark Away Spray is so simple, but we’ve put together this handy step-by-step to help you out.
- Lay your chosen fabric flat on to your work space and position your stencil on top in the area that you’d like to add the detailing. Use Low Tack Tape or Stick & Spray to secure it in place, making sure that it is completely flat to avoid pockets of air.
- Shake the can of Mark Away Spray well so that you can hear the ball mixing the product inside.
- Holding the can around eight inches away from the stencil, then spray over the stencil. You could do this in one continuous spray or in short bursts for more precision.
- Once you’ve coated the stencil, carefully remove it from the fabric and you should be left with a white outline of the stencil. You’re then free to quilt, embroider, paint or add detail in any other way that you like!
- After you’ve completed your design, you can wipe away any Mark Away Spray residue with a damp cloth or by giving you finished piece a gentle spin in the washing machine on a cool temperature.
Still need a bit more help? Check out the video from Lizzy Curtis below!
Due to Royal Mail restrictions, we are unable to send any aerosols (including our sprays) using their service. This means that all orders containing sprays are automatically upgrading to courier delivery (with costs applied, where applicable). Please visit our Delivery Information page for a list of affected postcodes.
Craft sprays cannot be shipped to anywhere outside of the UK. If these items are included on an order and you are outside of the UK then they will be credited to the card you used for your order and will not be shipped.
We hope that this post has inspired you to take your needlecraft projects to the next level and we can’t wait to see what you create with the Threaders Mark Away Spray by your side! Make sure you tag us in any photos on our Sew Inspiring with Crafter’s Companion Facebook page, tag us on Instagram (#crafterscompanionsews), on Pinterest (@CraftersCompUK) or on Twitter (@CraftersCompUK)!