Have you picked up your copy of Crafter’s Inspiration 24? If so, you’re going to love this project! It uses the craft kit that comes along with the magazine, which contains dies, stamps and an embossing folder – the perfect trio for cardmaking.
This card is ideal for slightly more advanced crafters, as it features a shaker created from scratch. As you can imagine, the finished piece is absolutely stunning and simply perfect for the festive season! We’re certain it’ll be loved by any recipient, so give it a go or purchase the magazine to pick up the tools needed.
You will need:
- Dies, embossing folder and stamps from the CI24 craft kit
- White cardstock
- Stitched Circle Nesting Dies
- Gemini FOILPRESS Silver Papercraft Foil
- Neenah Desert Storm A4 Kraft Colouring Card
- Sara Signature Winter Wonderland Metallic Baker’s Twine
- Blue Organza Spectrum Noir Midas Metallic Pigment Inkpad
- Crafter’s Companion Metals Glitters
- Crafter’s Companion Blue Topaz Mixed Sequin Pack
- Crafter’s Companion Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
- Crafter’s Companion Double Sided Foam Sheets
- 3D foam pads
- Silver gems
- Pokey tool
- Blue ribbon
- Collall Tacky Glue
- Ink blending tool
- Gemini Die-Cutting Machine
Create a 5.75” square card blank from kraft cardstock and matt the card front with blue mirror card, leaving a narrow border.
Cut a double-sided adhesive sheet to measure 4.75” square and apply it to the centre of a 5″ x 5” piece of white cardstock. Remove the backing and cover with foil to achieve a shabby chic look.
Die-cut the snowflake bauble into the centre of the foiled square, back with acetate and embellish the snowflakes with gems.
Use the outer circle die to cut an aperture into the centre of a 5″ x 5” foam sheet, and repeat to make a few layers.
Build the foam sheets on to the back of the acetate, fill the well with sequins and glitter and affix a piece of kraft cardstock to the back to create the shaker element.
Ink-blend the edges of a white 5.25″ x 5.25” matt with Blue Organza ink, add the shaker element on top and wrap with ribbon before securing to the card front.
Emboss a piece of blue mirror card and cut out the border. Pierce holes through the border, thread with twine and affix to the ribbon using 3D foam pads.
Stamp the sentiment on to a white banner, matt on to kraft cardstock as shown and shape before layering onto the border. Add a twine bow and sequin embellishments to finish.