(Finished size 12.5 x 36”)
Grace your table with this easy to cut and simple to sew tablerunner.
You Will Need:
- Gemini Build-A-Block Plus: 3.5 & 6.5” Isosceles Triangle
- Gemini Quilting Pattern Guide: Scallops
- Threaders Bee Happy 100% cotton fabric:
- 50cm Bee Garden, 50cm Mint, 50cm Bee Garden Mint, 50cm Bee Happy 50cm Honeybee (backing)
- 14 x 38” (110 x 35cm) Wadding
- Thread to match fabrics
- Cut Thirty Mint, Five Bee Garden plus Five Bee Garden Mint 3.5” Isosceles Triangles
- Cut Twelve Bee Happy 6.5” Isosceles Triangles
Arrange three Mint triangles and one Bee Garden Mint triangles as shown.
Sew together to make a large triangle. Press seams open and flat.
Repeat the above and make four more large triangles.
Follow Stages 1-3 and make five triangles using Bee Garden in centre.
Alternate these triangles with one 6.5” Bee Garden triangle.
Sew five pieced triangles with six large Bee Gardens in between to make a row.
Repeat Stage 6 with the remaining six Bee Garden triangles.
Sew both rows together
Press well before layering this panel on wadding and Honeybee backing fabric.
Baste/tag/pin or secure layers with Crafter’s Companion Stick and Spray.
Lower feed dogs, attach Gemini High or Low shank foot (refer to instruction book for correct size of shank), reduce stitch length to zero or as near as possible. Place Free Motion Slider sheet on sewing machine table – this allows the fabrics to slide easily over the machine sewing table.
Lay Gemini Scallops Quilting Pattern Guide on top of panel, aligning centre dotted lines with seams. Insert presser foot into the shaped spaces and sew. Guide can be flipped round to complete the shape. Continue playing and arranging the pattern guide until the panel is quilted.
Once all quilting completed, sew carefully round edge of tablerunner. Trim excess fabrics before binding in your preferred manner.