(Finished size 32” square)
Take a traditional block, add a border for a pretty cot quilt or play mat.
You Will Need:
- Gemini Build-A-Block Die: 6.5” Half Square Triangle
- Gemini Build-A-Block Plus: 6.5” Isosceles Triangle 3.5 x 6.5” Half Rectangle Triangle
- Threaders Bee Happy 100% cotton fabric:
- 50cm Bee Garden
- 50cm Mint
- 50cm Honeybee
- 50cm Honey
- 34” (90cm) square wadding & backing
- Thread to match fabrics
- Cut Eight Honey and Eight Honeybee 6.5” Half Square Triangles (HST)
- Cut Eight Bee Garden 6.5” Isosceles Triangles
- Cut Eight pairs 3.5 x 6.5” Half Rectangle Triangles
Sew one Honey and one Honey HST together to make a square. Repeat with remaining pieces and make eight squares in total. Press seams open and flat.
Sew four of these squares to make a larger square.
Stitch one Half Rectangle to either side of one Bee Garden Isosceles Triangle. Press seams open and flat. Make seven more.
Arrange design as shown.
Stitch all four sets of Mint and Bee Garden squares together in pairs, Attach one pair to either side of central square.
Sew one Honeybee/Honey square to either end of both remaining sections. Attach to other sides of panel as shown.
Cut Two 4¼ x 24½” strips and sew to either sides of panel. Press seams to outer edge.
Cut Two 4¼ x 32” strips. Attach to remaining sides. Press seams to outer edge.
Layer completed panel on wadding and backing fabric. (Follow Stage 10 – 11 Tablerunner)
Quilt as desired using Arc, Scallop and Chevron Quilting Pattern Guides. (See Stage 11-12 Tablerunner.)
On completion of quilting, bind in your favourite manner and enjoy!