There’s something extra special about receiving a home-made card, in every brush stroke and delicate detail, you can see the time and care that has gone into creating something for you.
And with our new Create-a-Card Stamp and Die sets, your hand-crafted creations are sure to impress any recipient! A large, picture-postcard perfect image forms the centrepiece of each set, ready to be stamped, coloured and layered up to produce a stunning final effect.
But how exactly do they work? At a glance, you may feel like there’s a lot of work involved with achieving a gorgeous look, but these stamp and die sets are actually very simple to use! Take a read through this post to find out more about them and how to incorporate them into your papercraft projects.
Each set includes a metal die with intricate and beautiful details ready to be cut-out, decorated and layered to your heart’s content!
Alongside the incredible die, you’ll receive a a matching stamp and two sentiment stamps that pair up with the theme of the set. With the addition of these stamps, you can create stunning card projects, scrapbook pages and so much more. They’re extremely versatile and so much fun to experiment with!
It really couldn’t be easier to create, crisp intricate die-cut centrepieces for your cards with these sets, take a look at the step-by-step guide below and see where your creativity takes you!
- Place your chosen die with the blade side facing upwards on to your cutting plate
- Add your chosen paper or card stock on top.
- Place another cutting plate on top to create a sandwich
- Slowly run this through your die-cutting machine
- Once the die has cut, remove the plates.
- Use a Pokey Tool to push away any remaining pieces from the negative spaces
- Use the matching stamp to add detail to your die-cut shape, the clear acrylic stamp means you can line-up the stamp accurately for perfect results every time
- Use foam pads, tape pen or all purpose glue to layer up the die-cut image and adhere to your chosen card base
- Now it’s time to add some colour and embellishments!
Adding colour is the moment for your creativity to take the steering wheel!
Another great way to introduce colour to your cardmaking creations is with matting and layering coloured and patterned cardstock. The image above is a great example of this, black and gold layered borders complement the natural tones of the Wild & Free woodland scene, whilst a sky patterned background completes the look perfectly!
These versatile sets are a great way to experiment with your cardmaking creativity! Why not add coloured vellum behind the die-cut to create an atmospheric illuminated effect? Or, as in the image above, layer the image with a gilded and embossed card base. The warm honey tones make this Charming Church scene positively glow!
We’re so excited to see how you put your Create-a-Card Stamp and Die sets to good use so make sure you share your photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanionmpanion