Spread joy, warmth and happiness wherever you go with the radiant Sunflower collection from Nature’s Garden.
With flower forming foam and dies to craft 3D flowers, stamps and blooming beautiful patterned paper, whatever you craft with Nature’s Garden Sunflower Collection you’re sure to bring happiness to someone’s day!
Follow this step-by-step guide to create a bright, beautiful and rustic Sunflower bouquet centerpiece. Perfect for summer parties or just to brighten up your home this season!
You will need:
- Nature’s Garden Sunflower Collection
- 12” x 12” Paper Pad
- 8” x 8” Vellum Pad
- Linen Card
- Fabulous Frame Stamp & Die
- Striking Sunflower Die set
- Sunkissed Wishes Stamp set
- Brown card
- Black card
- Jute twine or hessian ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Tape pen
- Black inkpad
- Green inkpad
- Gemini die cutting machine
- Ultimate Pro Scoreboard and Scoring Tool
- Foam sphere for dry flower arranging
- Cut four pieces of linen card each measuring 4” x 9.5”
- Measure out a 3.5” square at the bottom, then a 3.5” x 4” rectangle above and then a 3.5” x 2” rectangle at the top. At the top of the 4-inch box mark ½” in from the edges and draw lines down to the top of the 3” box and up to the top of the 2” box. Mark out a ½ inch gluing flap on the right-hand side of the 4” box as shown in the image.
- Cut out the shape.
- Fold and burnish the three marked lines.
- Repeat for the other three card pieces. Attach the sides of each of the pieces together as shown.
- Glue the bottom flaps together to create a completed card vase shape as shown in the image.
- Cut out a second colour of Linen card to measure ¼” smaller than each of the vase panels. Cut out pieces of patterned paper to measure ¼” smaller than the card pieces and attach together.
- Repeat the previous step to create layered pieces for the vase flaps.
- Attach onto the vase panels and flaps as shown.
- Using the Striking Sunflower set and a die cutting machine cut out the following:
- 18 large sunflower shapes in dark yellow card.
- 18 medium sunflower shapes in lighter yellow card.
- 18 centre pieces in brown card
- 18 small center pieces in black card
- Attach one of each of the shapes together to layer up a sunflower. Repeat with all of the pieces to create 18 layered flowers.
- Die cut a variety of the leaf and foliage pieces from the Striking Sunflower set using both dark and light green linen card.
- Use a glue gun to attach the foam sphere onto the top of the card vase.
- Use a glue gun to attach 8 sunflowers around the bottom of the foam sphere to cover where it joins with the card vase. Then place 7 sunflowers on the next row and three sunflowers on the top. Add the leaves and vines in between all the sunflowers to help cover any blank spots.
- Take the die from the Fabulous Frame set and die cut into a piece of light-yellow cardstock. Take the flower stamps from the same set, line up to the edges of the card and stamp down with black ink. Take the geometric frame shape, line up with the flowers and outer die cut edge and stamp with dark green ink. Then take the “Wild like a flower” stamp from the Sunkissed Wishes stamp set and stamp in the centre in dark green ink.
- Stick the front flap of the card vase to the front of the vase. Attach the sentiment piece below. Add some Jute twine or hessian strips around the top of the vase and finish with a little bow.
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your Nature’s Garden Sunflower creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion