Animals with Attitude Cardmaking Guide
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Whatever the occasion, a card that pops with personality is always a winner! So why not try your hand at this cute pop-up card using the Animals with Attitude stamp collection from Crafter’s Companion?
You can choose whichever animal set you like, and switch up the colour scheme and patterns to match your occasion. Simply follow our easy step-by-step guide and let your creativity loose!A
You will need:
- Crafter’s Companion Animals with Attitude Sloth Mode On stamp set
- Spectrum Noir Finesse Alcohol-Proof Inkpad – Noir Black
- Spectrum Noir Glossy Highlights
- Crafter’s Companion Rock a Blocks
- Nature’s Garden Farmhouse 12″ x 12″ Paper Pad
- A3 White Card
- Neenah Card – Solar White
- Yellow card
- Collall All-Purpose Glue
- Red Liner Tape 6mm
- Foam Pads 2mm and 3mm
- Scissors or a craft knife
- Spectrum Noir TriBlend Markers
- To create the pop up front step panel card: Cut white cardstock to 4” x 6.5”. Score at 0.5” and 2.5”. Cut another piece of white cardstock to 13.5” x 5.5”. Score at 0.5”, 2.5”, 4.5” and 6.5”.
- Take your yellow card and cut pieces to measure: 5.25” x 6.75”, 2 x 5.25” x 1.75”, 3.75” x 3.75” and 3.75” x 1.75”.
- Choose your patterned paper and cut pieces to measure: 5” x 6.5”, 2 x 5.” x 1.5”, 3.5” x 3.5” and 3.5” x 1.5”.
- Time to layer up and create mats! Glue the patterned paper panels onto their corresponding yellow mat and adhere to the card base.
Using red liner tape, construct the card base by adhering the 2 pieces together.
- Take your Sloth Mode On stamp set and using Rock a Blocks and Finesse Alcohol-Proof Inkpad, stamp the 3 sloth images onto Neenah card.
- Colour in using TriBlends, using a dotting technique to create a furry effect for each sloth character. for more information on creating blends and layering colours check out our handy guide.
- Use Glossy Highlights to give a sheen finish to the balloons. The depth on the blue coloured areas has been achieved by first colouring with IG4 in the darkest areas and then colouring over the top of the whole area with ice blue blend.
- Fussy cut the images using scissors or a craft knife and adhere to the card base using foam pads. Stamp a sentiment onto white card, layer onto a slightly larger piece of yellow card and stick to the card base using foam pads.
We can’t wait to see your Animals with Attitude makes! So, don’t forget to show us your cute creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion