Colourful crafts with Christmas 3D Embossing Folders and Stencils
- Read time: 5 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
The warm glow of candlelight, a midnight sky filled with shimmering stars and the jewel tones of ornaments jostling for attention on a Christmas tree -the holiday season is awash with colour and atmosphere.
And now, you can bring that colour to life in your crafts and cardmaking with the Christmas 3D Embossing Folders and Stencils from Gemini!
These clever little combos each include a 3D Embossing Folder and two matching stencils, allowing you to add colour highlights and create even more depth and dimension with accuracy and ease!
The Christmas 3D Embossing Folders and Stencils collection invites you to make your festive creations even more merry and bright by adding an extra touch of colour and dimension.
The results are simply stunning, creating centrepieces for Christmas cards and crafts that are sure to catch the eye!
And the best part is, they’re super easy to create and leave so much space for you to explore your own colouring creativity! We’ve put together a handy guide to show you just how straightforward these sets are…
How to Create your 3D Embossed Design
Each set includes a 5″ x 7″ embossing folder – perfectly sized for cardmaking! Here’s how to create your own beautiful Christmas cards and crafts.
- Place your chosen card or paper stock inside the 3D Embossing Folder
- Sandwich the folder between two cutting plates
- Roll the whole thing through your die-cutting machine to achieve an incredible 3D effect
How to add colour using the stencils
Now it’s time to use the matching stencils!
- Place your chosen stencil directly over the embossed design and use it as a guide to add as much or as little colour as you like
- One stencil will allow you to add colour to the entire design, one will allow you to shine a light on smaller details
- Use inkpads, markers, embossing powders, gilding wax and more to add your chosen shades with accuracy and ease!
That’s it – it’s really that simple!
Colouring techniques and effects
The Christmas 3D Embossing Folder and Stencils collection opens up a world of creativity – allowing you to explore so many colouring techniques to create the perfect festive look!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use Spectrum Noir Opaque Pigment Inkpads to create bold and rich colours! These inkpads have a slow drying time so can be blended beautifully with a Blending Tool
Spectrum Noir Water Reactive Inkpads also dry slowly so can be blended together.
You can also experiment with water to create a stunning range of blended distress effects, flick, mist or sprinkle water over your colour and see what you can create!
- Colour with Spectrum Noir Classique and Illustrator Markers. These alcohol markers will give bold and vivid sweeps of colour, that can be blended to create vibrant
- Use Embossing Powders with slow drying inkpads to create a beautiful raised effect
- Add some shimmer and shine with Midas Metallic Pigment inkpads from Spectrum Noir!
- Highlight raised areas with Gilding Wax
The 3D Christmas Embossing Folders and Stencils collection:
The Christmas 3D Embossing Folders & Stencils are the perfect partnership, but they can also be used separately to create and cut out individual embellishments.
And the versatile stencils can be used for so many different projects outside of cardmaking such as creating patterned paper to match your cards!
Here’s the full range so you can start planning your Christmas crafts!
Snowflake Medley: One 5” x 7” embossing folder and two co-ordinating stencils, featuring a flurry of delicately decorated snowflakes.
Delicate Decorations: One 5” x 7” embossing folder and two co-ordinating stencils, featuring a host of traditional baubles, each in a beautiful and ornate style.
Over the Rooftops: One 5” x 7” embossing folder and two co-ordinating stencils, featuring the classic Christmas scene of Santa and his reindeer flying through the night sky to deliver all those gifts!
Jingle Bells: One 5” x 7” embossing folder and two co-ordinating stencils, featuring a pair of jolly Christmas bells, tied with a beautiful bow and with a background of musical notes – perfect for spreading festive cheer!
Festive Candle: One 5” x 7” embossing folder and two co-ordinating stencils, featuring a classic candle, burning brightly, surrounded by seasonal foliage and tied with a sweet ribbon.
Precious Poinsettia: One 5” x 7” embossing folder and two co-ordinating stencils, featuring a duo of poinsettia flowers, plus a couple of sweet candy canes and with a beautiful filigree background.
We can’t wait to see what you make with the Christmas 3D Embossing Folders and Stencils from Gemini! There’s so much going on at Crafter’s Companion for Craft a Christmas! To find out more check out our Craft a Christmas web page and follow us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US And don’t forget to share your festive makes using the hashtags #craftachristmas and #crafterscompanion.