Create gorgeous garlands with this guide to Rotating Stamps
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
If you’re looking to expand your stamping repertoire and create backgrounds that really make an impression – look no further than our newest range of Rotating Stamps. We all know how standard stamps work, and many of you will already be a dab hand at background rotation stamps, so why not take the next step in your crafting journey with this fun new range
This innovative collection allows you to create layered and richly decorated wreaths with just one stamp! The perfect way to frame your cardmaking projects and make those sweet sentiments stand out!
Take a look through this handy guide to using Rotating Stamps and you’ll be surrounding your creations with gorgeous garlands in no time.
How do Rotating Stamps work?
Simply stamp, re-ink, rotate the stamp by 90 degrees and repeat these steps three times to create a gorgeous finished design. Perfect for creating eyecatching backgrounds for papercraft and cardmaking projects! We’ve created a step-by-step guide below to take you through the process in more detail.
How big are they?
Each of these stamps measure 5.5″ x 5.5″, so they’re perfect for most standard sized card bases.
How to use Rotating Stamps
If your head is in a spin and you’re not sure where to start, don’t worry – it couldn’t be simpler! Just grab your stamps and Stamping Platform, choose your colours and follow the handy step-by-step guide below.
- Flip your Stamping Platform over so that the feet are facing upwards
- Position your Rotating Stamp on to the Platform in a position that you’re comfortable with
- Each stamp has three rounded corners and one square corner, find the square corner to use a guide for each turn
- Use a Spectrum Noir Quick Dry Dye Inkpad to dab colour on to your stamp, then flip the Stamping Platform and position your cardstock below.
- Press with an even pressure into your Stamping Platform to create the impression of the stamp.
- Turn the Platform over, wipe the stamp clean, then add another shade of ink.
- When you flip the Platform back over, rotate it 90°, then press into it again.
- Repeat this process until you have completed a full 360° rotation and have a finished wreath.
Each set in this range creates a beautifully layered wreath – abundant with wildflowers and butterflies. And if that wasn’t enough, you also get a cute sentiment to pop in the centre! You can choose from Rustic Botanicals, Butterfly Roses Meadow Wreath and Butterfly Wishes – or why not collect them all and mix and match!
These stamps are perfect to use with Spectrum Noir Harmony Quick-Dry Ink Pads, and there are so many shades to choose from! Why not experiment with a different colour for each rotation to pick out individual details or use a single palette throughout for a bold and bright effect.
Take a look at some of the effects you can create with this collection and let your creative inspiration lead the way!
These fun stamps will make the perfect addition to any stamp expert or papercraft lover’s stash, and we can’t wait to see how you’ve used them! So make sure you share your project photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.