How to craft a party favour box!
- Read time: 4 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
If you want to brighten up a party or like to give a little more with your gifts this party favour box is a real game changer! Its fun design means that when the lid is taken off the box sides fall open to reveal the gift, or party favour inside!
Just follow our step-by-step instructions to craft your own party favour box, ready to raise a smile at weddings and special occasions or just as the perfect setting for a sweet gift.
You will need:
- Sara Signature Say it With Flowers:
- Crafter’s Companion Multi-Purpose Card
- Self-adhesive pearls
- Collall All-Purpose Glue
- Collall Tacky Glue
- Red Liner Tape (6mm width)
- Foam Pads (3mm depth)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Gemini Die Cutting Machine
- First we’re going to create the box sides. Cut four pieces of Multi Purpose card to measure 5 1/2″ x 6″. Score at 1/2″ on the long side of each piece.
- Now to create decorative mats for each box side.
- Cut eight pieces of coloured card to measure 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Cut eight pieces of patterned paper to measure 5″ x 5″
- Attach the coloured card pieces to both sides of each side piece. Layer the patterned paper on top of each side to create a beautiful stepped effect.
- Now to build the box lid. Cut a piece of Multi Purpose card to measure 6 5/8″ x 6 5/8″ and score at 1/2″ on all four sides.
- Cut in where the lines cross at all four corners, snip out the triangles to allow your box lid to fold neatly.
- To decorate, cut 5 3/8″ x 5 3/8″ of coloured card and 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″ of patterned paper. Layer up and attach to the top of the box lid.
- To create the box base, cut a piece of Multi Purpose Card to measure 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of coloured card to measure 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ and a piece of patterned paper to measure 5″ x 5″. Layer up and attach to your box base.
- Take your box sides, attach strips of Red Liner Tape to the tabs and use them to secure the box sides onto the box base.
- Time for some die-cut decoration! Die cut the Just for You sentiment three times, in two different card colours and one in patterned paper.
- Layer up the two coloured pieces and offset slightly to create a drop-shadow effect.
- Snip the ‘Just For You’ sentiment out of the patterned paper die-cut and arrange onto the layered piece as shown.
- Take the outline die from the Just For You set and cut from Multi Purpose Card. Attach your sentiment design onto the outline, attach and stick on to the box lid using foam pads.
- Now we’re going to create some beautiful craft flowers to decorate the lid. Die cut the different size flower shapes from the Beautiful Peony and Charming Chrysanthemum Die Sets from pink Flower Forming Foam.
- Heat using an iron or heat tool, mould into realistic petal shapes using a ball tool.
- Layer up the petal shapes to create two flowers, attach together and use a glue gun to stick onto the box lid.
- Die cut leaves and foliage from both floral die sets using green Flower Forming Foam and glue around the flowers.
- Stick pearls onto the corner of your box lid as a finishing touch.
- Finish off your lid by folding down the sides and using the tabs to secure them together.
- Time to pop your favour inside the box, hold up your box sides and slide the box lid on top to hold them in place. Now when the lid is taken off the sides will all open to reveal the treat inside!