How to make a 3D embossed card
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
Whether you’re just starting out with embossing or looking for inspiration for your next project, we’ve got you covered!
Embossing folders are a simple but super effective way to create beautiful 3D patterns that stand out from the crowd in just seconds!
Grab your embossing folder of choice from our wide range here and follow along to create your own 3D embossed card!
You will need:
- Gemini Embossing Folder (We’ve used Garden Beauties)
- Gemini Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- 2pc White Multi-Purpose Card measuring 2 x 7”
- 2pc Black Multi-Purpose Card measuring 2.5 x 7.5”
- 1pc A4 White Multi-Purpose Card
- Crafter’s Companion Glue Tape Pen
- Adhesive Foam Pads
- Spectrum Noir TriBlend Brush Markers
Creating your card:
- Take two pieces of white multi-purpose card measuring 2 x 7”, both embossing folders from your Gemini Embossing Folder pack and your Gemini Die Cutting Machine.
- Place your card pieces inside the embossing folders and pass these through your die cutting machine. We’ve used the Gemini Mini in this tutorial, so we’ve passed the folders through individually but if using a larger machine, you can do both at the same time.
- Remove your now beautifully embossed pieces of card from the folders and place them on top of a flat surface. Using your Spectrum Noir TriBlend Brush Markers in your colours of choice, decorate your designs to your preference and bring them to life.
- Take 2 pieces of black multi purpose card now, measuring approximately 2.5 x 7.5” and with your Glue Tape Pen, stick your white embossed cards to the centre leaving a black border around the outside.
- Grab your A4 white card piece and fold it in half to create your card base. Take your sticky foam pads and dot these around the outside of your 2 embossed pieces from earlier, on the back of the black card.
- Peel off the backing of the foam pads and stick these onto the front of your folded A4 card, aligned next to each other in the centre of the card.
Your gorgeous embossed card is now complete! Decorate with embellishments, sentiments and more to make your card even more special.
Don’t forget to share with us on social media if you’ve followed along! Follow and tag us on us Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or TikTok and use the hashtag #crafterscompanion so we can check out your crafty creations.