Make elegant holly leaf decor for your home and Christmas table with Violet Studio
- Read time: 1 minute
- Written by: Crafters
Craft your own beautiful boughs of holly with this step-by-step guide to folding elegant leaves.
All you need is some beautiful patterned paper from the Violet Studio Home for Christmas collection and a couple of minutes! Your folded holly leaf decorations can be strung up to form a garland or wreath, popped onto parcels, or arranged on the Christmas table as a centrepiece or cute place setting!
You will need:
- Cut one sheet of paper from corner to corner to create two identical triangles.
- Fold backwards to form a small strip, then fold forwards to form another. Repeat folding backwards and forwards til you get to the end of the paper.
- Loosely open the folded paper back up, so it is naturally crimped.
- Pinch the folded paper in the middle, so that you are holding the top of the triangle and the middle of the longest end of the paper. Wrap tape around the centre, or staple it together to hold in place.
- Pull together the edges of the longest sides to form a leaf shape and glue together.
- Glue pom poms onto the bottom edge to form holly berries. Repeat the process for your second triangle to create two matching leaves.
With so many beautiful paper patterns to choose from, you can make holly leaves in any colour and style you like!