In cardmaking, we can often get a bit stumped when it comes to backgrounds. There are so many ways to make it your own and customise it to your tastes – so many that it can leave people a little bit baffled. With the Gemini Double-Sided Layerable Create-a-Card Dies, all of this confusion is taken away!
Each of the sets in this range are absolutely perfect for creating amazingly detailed and deep background panels for your card projects, no matter what the occasion is. Now, don’t be put off by the long name – the Double-Sided Layerable Create-a-Card Dies are actually pretty easy to use, and we’ve put together this little guide to help you out.
What are the Double-Sided Layerable Create-a-Card Dies?
This collection is focused on helping you to build up beautiful background panels with total ease. Each design has one die that features our patented double-sided die technology, giving you the power to cut two layers at once. This means that, with three pieces of card, you’ll be able to construct a full design – the coloured base and two layers on top.
The concept behind these dies is that one die features a design on each side to cut out two individual panels that layer together for depth and dimension. They will help you to save time, whilst giving you that precise and accurate cut that you know and love from our range of dies. Instead of having to roll two individual dies through the machine to create two elements, you will only need to use the one.
How many designs are there?
In total, there are six designs to choose from, including:
Butterfly Kaleidoscope – has a detailed collage of fluttering butterflies flying up to the top of the panel, making it ideal for spring and summer
Retro Floral – features punchy flowers that will steal the limelight – try it out with vivid, clashing colours
Lots of Love – made up of a repeating pattern of alternating hearts, so this is a perfect die for Valentine’s Day
Stargazing – has a stunning collage of twinkling stars that would be ideal for using on cards for kids
Decadent Deco – features a repeating art deco-style pattern that will come to life with metallic card or paper
Opulent Tiles – a continuous abstract tile pattern – perfect for every day backgrounds
How do you use the Double-Sided Layerable Create-a-Card Dies?
- Lay down your clear cutting plate and place the Double-Sided Die Cutting Plate on top.
- Select the shade of card that you’d like your first layer to be, then place this on to the plates.
- Add your Double-Sided Layerable Create-a-Card Die on top, making sure that the correct layer is facing down into the coloured card.
- Add your second layer card on top of the die, then finish the sandwich with another Double-Sided Die Cutting Plate and a clear cutting plate.
- Roll this through your die-cutting machine.
- Once your sandwich has been cut, remove the plates and the negative card. Use a pokey tool to remove any small details from the die-cut.
- Lay down your choice of backing card, then adhere your first die-cut layer on top. Position your second die-cut layer in the correct place on top of the first layer, then adhere it in place.
As we said, these dies are pretty simple to use and you absolutely shouldn’t be put off by the Double-Sided Die concept! It’s a few little steps to create beautiful layers and extra dimension with even less effort than a normal die-cutting process. Make sure you give it a go!
We hope that this little post has answered any of the questions that you might’ve had about the Double-Sided Layerable Create-a-Card Dies and given you a little bit of inspiration on how to use yours. If not though, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us and ask us a question on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.